01. Upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
- Choose an appropriate upgrade path.
- Choose coexistence mode to meet specific requirements.
- Plan and troubleshoot meeting migration.
- Configure coexistence mode for the organization and per-user.
- Use Teams Advisor to assess and identify steps to roll out Microsoft Teams.
02. Plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams
- Plan for successful network deployment by using Network Planner.
- Calculate network bandwidth capacity for Microsoft Teams voice, video, meetings, and Live Events.
- Assess network readiness by using the Network Testing Companion.
- Configure network ports and protocols used by Microsoft Teams client application.
- Configure media optimizations by using QoS.
- Configure and manage network and locations including reporting labels, emergency addresses, and network topology.
03. Manage a team
- Create a team.
- Upgrade an existing resource to a team.
- Manage privacy levels for a team.
- Manage org-wide teams.
04. Manage membership in a team
- Manage users in a team.
- Configure dynamic membership.
- Manage access review for team members.
05. Implement governance and lifecycle management for Microsoft Teams
- Create Team Templates.
- Teams governance in Microsoft 365 Groups.
- Configure Microsoft 365 groups, expiration policy, and naming policy.
- Archive, unarchive, restore, and delete a team.
06. Configure and manage guest access
- Configure guest users for Microsoft Teams.
- Configure guest permissions for a team.
- Configure meeting and live events experiences for guests.
- Configure messaging and calling options for guests.
- Remove guests.
- Manage Azure AD access review for guests.
- Configure guest access from Azure AD portal.
07. Manage security and compliance
- Assign Microsoft Teams Admin roles.
- Create and manage compliance features, including retention policies and sensitivity labels.
- Create security and compliance alerts for Microsoft Teams.
- Create an information barrier policy.
- Interpret security reports for Microsoft Teams.
08. Deploy and manage Microsoft Teams endpoints
- Deploy Microsoft Teams clients to devices, including Windows, VDI (Virtual Desktop), Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), MacOS, and mobile devices.
- Manage configuration profiles.
- Manage Microsoft Teams device tags.
- Manage device settings and firmware.
- Configure Microsoft Teams Rooms.
09. Monitor and analyze service usage
- Interpret Microsoft Teams usage reports.
- Interpret Microsoft 365 usage reports.
- Optimize call quality by using Call Analytics.
- Analyze organization-wide call quality by using Call Quality Dashboard.
- Use Power BI to identify call quality issues.
10. Manage chat and collaboration experiences
- Configure messaging policies.
- Manage external access.
- Manage channels for a team.
- Manage private channel creation policies.
- Manage email integration.
- Configure external access for SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.
- Manage cloud file storage options for collaboration.
11. Manage meeting experiences
- Configure meeting settings.
- Create and manage meeting policies.
- Configure settings for live events.
- Create and manage policies for live events.
- Configure conference bridge settings.
12. Manage phone numbers
- Recommend a PSTN connectivity solution based on specific business requirements.
- Order phone numbers
- Manage service numbers.
- Add, change, or remove an emergency address for your organization.
- Assign, change, or remove a phone number for a user.
- Manage voice and audio-conferencing settings for users.
- Configure dynamic emergency calling.
13. Manage Phone System
- Manage resource accounts.
- Create and configure call queues.
- Create and configure auto attendants.
- Manage call park policies.
- Manage calling policies.
- Manage caller ID policies.
- Interpret the Direct Routing health dashboard
14. App Policies in a Team
- Create and manage app permission policies
- Create and manage app setup policies