Instructor : Kat Snizaski
LEARN TO CREATE STUNNING REPORTS WITH REAL-TIME DATA
In Microsoft’s Power BI, you can connect to existing data to create modern data visualizations and reports. In this course, you will learn everything you need to know to design reports, charts, and dashboards and distribute them to your team. We will walk you through the process from install to publish.
In this course, you will learn to connect to Excel files or other external data sources then create data relationships as the basis for your reports. Kat will walk you through modifying data relationships, creating a set of applied steps to clean and transform your data, and creating a variety of visualizations (charts) with your data. Then you’ll learn how to create measures and calculated fields and add them to your visualizations.
With a set of informative and engaging visualizations, Kat will show you how to add filtering and splicing then publish your reports. With a published report in the Power BI Web App, you’ll then learn to create multiple customized dashboards from one report.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to use Power BI to empower your teams with the information they need to do their jobs well.
Objectives – You will be able to:
- Describe how Power BI enables real-time data sharing and reports by connecting directly to external data sources, including Excel
- Manage data relationships within Power BI including create, modify, and delete
- Create a set of applied steps to clean a data source including changing data types, modifying field names, and splitting and merging columns
- Create and customize visualizations to display your data including formatting, sorting, and filtering
- Format report pages including text, shapes, and images
- Create calculated columns using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) for both strings and numbers
- Create explicit measures and add measures to visualizations
- Create interactive reports using real-time filters, hierarchies, and slicers
- Publish a report to the Power BI Web App and create multiple dashboards specific to different audiences
Lessons : 12
Seat Time : 85 Minutes
01: Introduction (3:33)
02: Using Power BI (6:14)
03: Creating Data Connections (5:19)
04: Modifying Data Relationships (7:00)
05: Working with the Power Query Editor (9:49)
06: Transforming Data (8:15)
07: Creating Visualizations (7:40)
08: Customizing Visualizations and Pages (6:28)
09: Creating Calculations with DAX (8:40)
10: Creating Calculated Measures (5:46)
11: Filtering and Splicing Reports (8:25)
12: Publishing Reports (7:55)